Thursday 27 March 2008

Poetic Interlude 1

In honour of my first sponsor (Thank you! I hope you like it, since you inspired it!):


Pond.

I remember coolness,
the comfort of wet.
Days spent sitting leaf-bound,
musing,
the taste of flies.
The taste of flies being delicious.
Calm. Long sun-drenched afternoons.
Swimming, easy and languid.
Simplicity. This is why I am.
To swim.
To sing.
To leap, spreadeagled against the sky.
To rejoice in rainfall.

Then, a flash of gold, and a favour.
And the awareness of desire.
The encroachment of awareness.
The pang of encroachment.

I don't tell him,
for the sound of the breaking iron,
for the long years of waiting,
for the faithfulness.

I don't tell her,
for the smiling kisses,
for the shining eyes,
for the loving touch.

How I miss the calm,
the cool,
the wet.

3 comments:

superphreak said...

i really really like that poem :) it's simple and beautiful - the best kind there is.

as for donations, i am still stuck with the not-having-a-credit-card thing ;(

Unknown said...

It is beautiful (and that is a word I don't use very often)!

Thank You

Puddock :)

Unknown said...

Superphreak - I am still trying to work out a way to solve that. Paypal needs to discover SA, dammit. Then you could use a debit card. But until then... *sigh* I'll try figure something out.

Puddock - I am very glad you like it. :)