Sunday 16 March 2008

Eternity Touch (Part 5)

===
Click here to start at the beginning.
===



She was pleasing. Remarkably so. I think it was then that I really knew that she was different, that there was something about this girl that was going to surprise me. Afterwards I sat watching her. She recovered quickly. Much quicker than I was accustomed to. She sat up and looked me straight in the eyes for a long time.

Eventually, she said, very slowly, "And now?"

"Make yourself comfortable," I replied. "You'll be staying a while."

She was silent for a long time. Then she calmly re-clothed herself and sat in a chair opposite me. She frowned.

"OK. So if I'm Persephone," she glanced at me, still disbelieving, "then my mother is Demeter, right?"

I nodded.

"The goddess of spring and suchlike?"

I nodded.

"As in the Greek myth?"

I nodded again.

"But that's crazy!" she exclaimed. "It's a myth, for fucksakes!!"

"You really are a foul-mouthed creature, aren't you?" I replied.

She dismissed the objection with a wave of her hand. "Look. Last time I checked we were slap-bang at the beginning of the twenty first century. And call me crazy, but that's no place for Greek myths to be playing themselves out."

"You're crazy," I replied.

"Don't try and be funny," she snapped.

I sighed. I had been right. She was a difficult one.

"Ok," I acquiesced, "let me try and explain this to you…"










Next

No comments: